Does PRP replace need for Borox or Fillers?

Botox

Sorry, but PRP can not replace Botox or filler's. PRP alone will actually not help with the same kind of wrinkles or volume loss like Botox or filler's.I would suggest talking to a board-certified plastic surgeon who is framiliar with all techniques  and find which ones will suit you best! 

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

PRP Does not Replace Botox or Fillers

PRP can help your fine lines and the texture of your skin.  It does not, however, replace Botox or Fillers.  I find that procedures like PRP and lasers and Thermage complement Botox and fillers.  Best, Dr. Green

PRP is not a replacement for Botox or dermal fillers. It is another tool to improve the look and complexion of the skin. It will improve healing time of resurfacing procedures and increase the collagen production.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is PRP a replacement for botox or fillers... No!

In our practice we use PRP as collagen stimulation and for improvement in complexion.  This compliments not replaces the botox and fillers.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

No

PRP, Like Botox and fillers, are useful in helpful with facial aesthetics. However, PRP is not a replacement for either. it really should or can be used in conjunction (like icing on a cake makes a cake better but is not a replacement for cake)

Sandy Sule, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Different tools to address different effects of aging

Botox, fillers and PRP all address different aspects of the aging process.  Botox is great for softening and eliminating dynamic lines - the ones that occur during expressions.  Fillers work to improve contours and areas of volume deficit.  PRP works on the skin, and will improve its appearance without changing dynamic wrinkles or facial contours. 

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Botox and filler provide unique benefits in the treatment of wrinkling and aging of the face that PRP does not replicate. I think there's been some confusion as to the benefits of PRP since some doctors combine it with filler injection obscuring the benefits from each. I've heard patients rave about the change in their skin quality after PRP injection as well. I've recently begun recommending an external growth factor gel for my patients and have seen significant benefits from that simple application.
Good luck with your choices and enjoy your results.

Jon A Perlman, MD FACS
Diplomate, Am. Board of Plastic Surgery
Assoc. Clinical Prof. of Plastic Surgery, UCLA Medical Center
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Does PRP replace need for Botox or Fillers?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping and contouring procedures using dermal fillers, Botox and facial implants (chin, cheek) for over 30 years.  PRP won't weaken muscles to lessen unwanted lines and wrinkles, nor can it shape the cheeks, chin and jaw line like dermal fillers.  

Hope this helps.  

PRP and botox and fillers

Thank you for your question.  PRP is platelet rich plasma, which is obtained from your own blood.  The revolutionary advance with this technology is in it's ability to release growth factors ( your own) to help improve tissue quality.  Botox is used to paralyze muscles and fillers (Juvederm, Restylane, etc) are used to add volume to tissues but do not contain the live cells that release such growth factors.  So, PRP will never replace these other technologies, but it can be used to enhance and improve results.  

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Fillers are still needed

PRP is an amazing addition but it will not take the place of Botox and Fillers.   Although the PRP is helping to increase your cellular turnover and smooth out the skin, Botox and Fillers will still be needed to weaken the muscles that create the lines and increase the volume of the face.   Whether you choose a non invasive approach or an invasive approach to aging the need for Botox and Fillers will still be there.