Tummy tuck or a procedure to remove my stretch marks. What procedure do you think would be my best option? (photos)

Also, I've been considering getting a mommy make over as well i.e, Tummy tuck/boob area. Please review my photos attached and give me your honest opinion. Thanks in advanced! I can come in next week for a consult. Stretch marks are 14 years old. My goals are that I will have a stretch mark free tummy and a longer torso with a more defined waist line. Weight- 130- I lost 15 pounds and have kept them off for 8 months now. I was 145. cup size- 34D- Goal; fuller with the same natural look and feel.

Mommy makeover

Hello and thank you for your question. You have an excellent figure.  A standard full tummy tuck will give you and excellent result. It's difficult to say for sure without examining you but I don't think you should get anything done with you breasts.

There are plenty of experienced ps who should be able to give you an excellent result.

Good luck. 

Peter Fisher M.D 

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty to flatten and improve abdominal contour

Thank you for your question and helpful pictures. It appears you are an ideal candidate for a full TT. It is possible to remove all of your stretchmarks and define your waistline by cinching you in with not only anterior but also lateral plication of the muscles. This will in no way interfere with function or working out in the future.  I would not recommend implants alone on someone like you as the results will not be aesthetically pleasing. The result of placing breast implants on low breasts is that with time, the breasts will sag more. You need a breast lift to improve position, shape and skin tone. You have enough breast tissue to achieve a natural perkier cleavage. Look at the attached video to see what can now be achieved using current methods. No breast implants and no vertical incision necessary. I hope this helps.

Best wishes and kind regards, 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck or a procedure to remove my stretch marks. What procedure do you think would be my best option?

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture you are a good candidate for full tummy tuck. TT eliminate loose skin along with stretch marks in that area and tighten the muscles. For your breasts it depending on your goal, breast lift or a lift with implant or implant alone are the options. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation and to discuss your goals.

Mommy Makeover

Hi Sahnemann

The only thing that will effectively remove stretch marks is surgical excision.  Tummy tuck will do this while tightening your muscles and skin while sculpting your torso.  Some stretch marks will remain, but should look better with the skin tightening.

I also notice that you appear to have some sagging of the mons area (may just be the undies), and this will be rejuvenated with a tt.

Your goals would direct my recommendations.  If you are looking for larger and fuller breasts, that would mean augmentation, and there are many options available.  Depending on your physical findings, you may be able to get by with just implants, or, you may need a lift.

I don't want to get more specific without benefit of exam and discussing your ideas.

Feel free to contact my office for a complimentary exam.

Mommy makeover

I usually don't recommend these together, however, in your case, a tummy tuck to remove stretched out skin, Vaser ultrasound liposuction to sides and back areas with breast lift and small implants for upper fullness.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations.

Best option?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be a great candidate for an abdominoplasty or tummy tuck. A tummy tuck will remove all stretchmarks between the top of the pubic hair distribution and just above the belly button. Tightening or plication of the rectus abdominus muscles will also help improve your core tone as well. Judging from your picture, just about all of your striae or stretchmarks could be removed. Any that remain would be pulled lower along the bikini line.
As for the breasts, if you are happy with the volume (34-D) a breast lift can tighten the loose skin of the breast and elevate the nipples to a more youthful position. These procedures can all be safely done under one anesthesia and are collectively referred to as a "Mommy Makeover".

Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area! We have offices in nearby Plano!

Abdominoplasty questions

I agree with you that an abdominoplasty is the answer.  I do not have a good answer for all your stretch marks especially the ones above your umbilicus.  Your breast naturally rest low on your chest wall and so you will need a physical exam to determine the best option: small implants vs mastopexy.  Good luck!

Saira Saini, MD
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

Hi Sahnemann,

Thank You for your pictures and questions. Based on the pictures you submitted it looks as if you would benefit from a full Tummy Tuck. I suggest consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Best of Luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and pictures. You will likely be a good candidate for tummy tuck (standard or extended) surgery or mommy makeover; definitive advice however would necessitate much more information.  

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for mommy makeover surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

When the time is right, seek consultation with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. It will be important to educate yourself about the potential risks/complications associated with surgery and have a good idea of realistic expectations. I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Tummy tuck removes stretch marks permanently

A tummy tuck is a procedure that is comprised of 3 basic components:

1.  Skin removal
  2.  Fat removal
  3.  Muscle repair

The amount of all of the above is customized for each patient based on their desires, skin tone, previous scars and surgery, surgeon's expertise, smoking history and future child bearing.  A low horizontal abdominal incision is made and the skin is lifted all the way up to the rib cage.  The skin is then pulled downward and trimmed appropriately.  Any stretch marks that are in the removed skin area are removed for good.  However, the stretch marks that are not, will still be present, just in a lower position on the abdomen and not as noticeable as previously.

A tummy tuck can be performed as an outpatient and thanks to a new drug, Exparel, a long acting local anesthetic that lasts for 3 days, has much less pain and a quicker recovery than before.

I do recommend a detailed consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who performs body contouring procedures frequently.  The type of tummy tuck and breast procedure can be determined during the consultation.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon