Are these dog ears? (photos)

Love my TT I am 2yrs post op. But my love handle area which is at the end of my scar looks awkward almost like maybe the incision should've extended 1/2 in on each side. Doesn't seem like it's fat just excess skin. Can I get removed in office without being put under? Like awake? Is it an easy quick procedure? Recovery time? It's the only area that I'm bothered by from my mommy makeover and don't want to put myself at unnecessary risk by getting out under again..

Dog ears after Tummy Tuck

Congratulations on getting your tummy tuck!   It is wonderful that you are so happy with your transformation.  Yes, those are dogs ears.  And yes, those dogs ears can be easily removed under local anesthesia in your doctor's office.   When your doctor marks the lines where he/she will be cutting, have him/her do this with you standing up and then check the marked out lines in the mirror to make sure that the sides are level.   Also, check the marks when you are sitting down.

Best Wishes!

Dog ears after tummy tuck

Yes, your photos show what's commonly called dog ears. The good news is they are easy to correct. Fixing each side involves extending your incision to excise the extra skin and allow the skin to lay flat. This can be done under local anesthesia (awake, with just numbing injections). Recovery time for this is minimal, and it is a quick procedure. 

Anita Patel, MD

Fixing dog ears

Hi. Yes, it looks like you have dogears and those are usually quite easy to fix in the office.  Contact your PS and he/she should be able to help!  Best of luck!

Jonathan Heistein, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Dog ears

Yes those are dog ears consisting of  both excess skin and fat. Dog ears revision can be done under local anesthesia in the office with minimal downtime. 

DrBurnett#realself100

Dog Ears?

Dog or pig ears are excess tissue that accumulates at the ends of surgical incisions and are very common after a tummy tuck procedure.  Your original surgeon did not extend the incision long enough to remove the excess skin and fat and you still have quite a prominent bulge and your muffin top is still present.  I would recommend excising the dog ears, this can be done as an outpatient, local or general anesthetic, with a quick recovery.
Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Are these "Dog Ears"?

Without an examination or photos from the back and side it is hard to tell. Some refer to all lateral prominences as Dog Ears while other reserve the term for remaining loose skin only at the corners of an incision. In going over your photos, it appears you have excess fat of the lower back including the lateral aspect of the incision. These could be flattened by liposculpture of the back a so called Back Scoop Lipo which would complement and enhance your tummy and greatly define your butt. Alternatively the excess skin along the side of the scar and more importantly the underlining fat could be removed for a smoother outline. Depending on the size it could certainly be done under local anesthesia. 
Dr. Peter A. AldeaMemphis, TN