5 days post op breast reduction, some blisters on both breast around bottom of incisions.

What is the best method to help them heal. Can I use vitiman e cream?

Wound care and breasts

I think that at the minimum you should post photos, but since you are also so early post-op, you are probably better off talking to your surgeon.

Blisters after breast reduction

Thank you for your question and the blisters are usually from tape or steri strips that pull on the skin.  They will usually heal with local care and keeping them clean and let them dry out.  Topical antibiotic can be used if they break open.  I would keep in contact with your surgeon and follow their instructions.

John D. Smoot, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Blisters after breast reduction

Thank you for your question.  If you are having any kind of skin or wound problems after your surgery you should see your surgeon so that they can advise you on this issue.  You may get a variety of answers and treatments here so it is always best to follow-up with your surgeon.  Best of luck to you. 

Jeffrey G. Lind II, MD
The Woodlands General Surgeon

Blisters following breast reduction

Bilsters following surgery frequently form as swelling sets in and causes pulling of the skin by the tape used in your dressings.  The best treatment is usually to clean the area twice daily and apply ointment to the blisters once they pop.  I do not recommend vitamin E oil or cream as it causes skin irritation frequently.  Your best bet is to speak with your plastic surgeon and see what his/her protocol is.  Good Luck.  

Kelly Killeen, MD