I'm 10 days post op and my incisions are extremely sore and swollen. Do they look normal? (Photos)

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Incisions at ten days

At ten days out, the incisions look ok in the photos. If you have concerns, you should touch base with you surgeon.

Hard to tell from the photos

It is IMPOSSIBLE to tell with just a photo and without an exam so none of us can really tell you for sure without an exam.  Seek consultation with your plastic surgeon asap.  Call him/her or email photos for best advise.  Some soreness is normal but at 10 days it should be resolving and I would get seen.

Sore and swollen incisions.

Thank you for your question and photos. Although it is difficult to accurately evaluate you just by the photos, it does appear that there is some redness surrounding the incisions. If you have redness, swelling and pain it is best to call your plastic surgeon be evaluated. Although this may be nothing more than postop swelling, the possibility of infection must be ruled out. Best of luck.

Postop Scars

Your scars do look a little red and swollen.  Some soft tissue swelling is expected, but to be sure you need to contact your plastic surgeon.  Signs of infection are redness, warmth, drainage, and tenderness or pain.

George H. Pope, MD