How get rid of the pain caused by CoolSculpting?

I did a coolsculpting procedure on my lower abdomen on Wednesday and now I'm in excruciating pain. I feel like I'm about to pass out at work. The nerve pain killer that the doctor gave me does not work. Nothing works! What should I do? I need help! I'm five seconds from going to the ER that's how bad the pain is.

How to treat pain after CoolSculpting?

The medication that is prescribed to treat neuropathic pain after treating the abdomen with CoolSculpting has different dosing levels and sometimes the dose needs to be increased to improve the pain.  I would contact the physician who treated you to let them know about your pain and see if the dose of your medication can be adjusted to help.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. So sorry to hear about the pain. This can happen. If you are feeling a shooting/burning pain, it may be best to see your chosen physician as he/she may be able to provide you with a higher dose or other tips to help you with your recovery. All the best.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Post Treatment Nerve Pain

There are a few ways to help the nerve pain that happens after coolsculpting.  Some doctors prescribe a nerve pain medicine called gabapentin.  If you are wanting to avoid taking medications there are some things naturally you can do:
1. Rub peppermint and lavender essential oil (5 drops each mixed with 4 oz coconut oil) - on belly
2. There is an OTC product called Topiricin that works well (amazon.com)
3. St. John's wort liquid extract (HerbPharm or Natures Answer) 1 dropper under the tongue every 8 hours works well too. (can buy at any Whole foods store)

Please see you doctor if this pain worsens or continues beyond 6 days.

Maiysha Clairborne, MD
Atlanta Family Physician

CoolSculpting and nerve pain

You have probably been prescribed Neurontin (gabapentin) or Lyrica for your neuropathic pain related to CoolSculpting. If so, I would contact your prescribing physician as the dose of the medication probably needs to be titrated higher.