Is it worth doing coolsculpting? (photos)

I had my free consultaion yesterday and I am just afraid I will not see the results I want especially since I can only afford one session. Is it worth doing the coolsculpting or should I try smart lipo? I am lookimg to get all my target areas without having to worry on coming back in and with the best results.

Is it worth doing coolsculpting?

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to tell from your photos. Your treatment will depend on your goals. If you would like a more drastic result, liposuction will be able to give you that. Regards, 

Is it worth doing coolsculpting?

HI and thanks for your question. If you want to have one treatment session for the best result then you are probably a better candidate for surgery. See a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Good luck.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Is it worth doing coolsculpting?

Coolsculpting works. Make sure you work with your doctor to understand the results you should expect and how many cycles this should take. 

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and Results versus Hi Definiton Liposuction

you need full body liposuction with skin removal.  In my opinion unfortunately a single round of one applicator of coolsculpting will do very little for you and you should really consider saving for a procedure that will give you a full body transformation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

coolsculpting selectively freezes fat cells to induce programmed cell death. Most patients see a result. From these photos, it is apparent that you have a significant amount of excess fat. While coolsculpting may help you, one session may not be enough. You might consider doing this session as a means to galvanize yourself into an exercise and weight loss program.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting or Liposuction

You will need multiple CoolSculpting applicators over multiple sessions to get the results that you want. Each treatment will give you 20-25% fat reduction. You can get more with one session with traditional liposuction (not smart lipo). However, with liposuction the risks and downtime are more. The cost will probably be more either. You need to take all of these into account before making your decision. Hope this helps.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Is it worth doing CoolSculpting?

CoolSculpting and liposuction are both treatments that can reduce unwanted fat.  A single treatment of surgical liposuction can potentially remove more fat than a single CoolSculpting treatment.  Normally, about 20-25% of the fat cells are destroyed with a single CoolSculpting treatment while liposuction can remove fat until the surgeon is satisfied with the result.  CoolSculpting does not involve any significant recovery time, whereas liposuction can take several weeks of recovery.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon