Had MOHS on tip of nose 8/19/16 and I'm already concerned if it's healing ok. (photo)

Still a tiny amount of blood on bandages but it's not alot and it's not bright red. The nose is reddish purple. It's doesn't hurt any more but I'm concerned if it's healing ok. I wasn't told really how it would look just to come back in 2 months.

Evaluation of Wound Healing After Surgery

Your best option is to have the surgeon who performed the surgery examine the wound. It takes 6-12 months following surgery to see the final results, but in the short run you want to make sure that the wound is healing well and there is no infection, etc.

Mohs surgery postoperative healing

Thank you for your question.  I would recommend seeing your Mohs surgeon asap.  Although this may be a normal amount of redness and swelling for a nasal procedure, there is always a possiblity of infection, and by returning to see your surgeon, this can be evaluated and address promptly.

Michael A. Trauner, MD
Sacramento Dermatologist

Thank you for your question. If you are concerned in regards the healing of your nose it is best to return to your surgeon for examination. You want to make sure there is no infection going on in the area. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist