Very upturned nose 13 days after rhinoplasty (Photo)

I had open rinoplasthy 13 days ago to remove granulomas caused by fillers and bump correction, I asked for a natural looking nose, yesterday I had my cast removed and the tip appears very upturned to my liking, doctor told me my reaccion was normal and that the tip will drop and asymmetries will correct overtime as the swelling goes down, my doctor is a reputable surgeon on my city with 20+ of experience and I do trust him but I guess I need reassurance, will it go down as not to look overdone?

Do not judge your result too soon

Sorry you are stressed about the rotation of the nose. Only your surgeon can give you honest reassurance as only your surgeon knows the exact maneuvers that were performed. The truth is that gravity will down rotate the nose to some degree in the vast majority of patients and you are very early in your healing, as evidenced by your bruises.

Take your surgeon's reassurance to heart. Best of luck with your recovery.

I'm concerned about my result

You are still quite early in the healing process and patience is the best advice. There will be significant changes over the ensuing year and I would recommend holding off judgement until you've completed your healing. Hang in there!

Post-op rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. It is very normal to be swollen at the 2 week postoperative period. The dorsal aspect of the bridge of the nose will usually decrease earlier than the nasal tip swelling. Nasal tip swelling can sometimes take 6-12 months to fully resolve. I advise patients that the final result of rhinoplasty takes 12 months. I recommend that you return to see your surgeon, as he/she will have a good idea of what to expect in regards to your specific progress, since they can evaluate you in relation to your preoperative appearance.

Best wishes and good luck

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained Plastic Surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Upturned nose after rhinoplasty

It is a bit early to determine if the nose will remain up turned or rotated. At one month you'll see the position, but it may be 1 year before the near final result can be appreciated. Be patient and talk to your doc about it. 

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Looking good at this early stage!

Thank you for your question.  Your photos are typical and look quite good for 13 days post rhinoplasty.  The upturned nasal tip is always exaggerated by early swelling.  Tip descent is progressive and gradual over a 2 month period to achieve a more pleasing "lower" position.  However, fine contour details of the nasal tip and dorsum may take a year before fully displaying the underlying structural work of a rhinoplasty surgeon.  While your results are typical for 13 days following surgery, the true fine underlying structural details is still camouflaged by swelling.  It is best to have your treating surgeon address any concerns as he/she is the only one who is certain of the underlying structural work performed.

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon