How to get approved for a breast reduction?
Doctor Answers 3
Approval for a BR
This procedure is commonly covered by insurance through insurance criteria are becoming more and more restrictive. Although we do not accept insurance, our staff will assist you in obtaining pre-authorization so that you can attempt to be reimbursed for out of pocket expenses
Breast reduction - how to have it covered by insurance
- I am so glad you are doing well after your weight loss surgery.
- First call your insurer and ask if breast reduction is covered and ask for a list of the specific criteria you need to meet for insurance to cover the surgery.
- If you have met the criteria, then ask for the list of plastic surgeons in your network and schedule an appointment.
- Your surgeon will submit a predetermination letter to your insurer.
- And you will be either approved for surgery or denied.
- If denied, you can appeal.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.