I went to the beach last week 3 weeks post op. Did I over do it or tear something?

I had implant exchange 500cc exchanged to 275cc in one and 350cc in other one. I also had a breast lift. I am afraid I over did it and may have torn something. When I reach my left arm back or move it a certain way I get a stabbing sharp pain in middle of the scar under my breast. Is it possible I have messed something up or torn something open on the inside? I also feel my muscle is much tighter on left side. Pulling my implant up.

Visit to the Beach

Hello and thank you for your question. The best advice I can offer with the feelings of pain and pulling that you mention is to visit your plastic surgeon right away with your concerns. You will want to have this evaluated to make sure that everything is still in place and healing properly. Best of luck!

Did I overdo it?

As patients resume activity following surgery, pains and spasms can occur.  These can be normal.  The majority of the time these will resolve without any problem.  However, you should be seen by your plastic surgeon for further evaluation to make sure that everything is progressing the way it should and that you haven't "torn" something.  Good luck.

Paul B. Mills, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Breast revision and lift - have I damaged my surgery?

Thank you for asking about your breast implant exchange and breast lift.
  • I am sorry this has happened.
  • You should contact your plastic surgeon and arrange to be seen.
  • Chances are all is well but an exam is needed for your symptoms.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS