There is a crease on my lower left breast. Is this a botch job? (photos)

I had a breast augmentation done in early 2013. Since healing, I noticed a crease on my lower left breast. I went back to my P/S to show him because I am pretty upset with it. My original breasts were slightly different in size. P/S said to get the cleavage to look the same on both sides, this was a side effect...along those lines. I'm embarrassed of it and don't know if this is a botch job or if there is any solution to fix my problem. Any suggestions?

#breastaugmentation #implants #plasticsurgery

Hello bp28277, thank you for your excellent question. I highly recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options and formulate a surgical plan that is tailored specifically to your health and needs. When setting up an in-person consult with a plastic surgeon look for someone who has at least one of these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery - the gold star symbol  *A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) - the circle symbol  *A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) - the Queen Nefertiti symbol with a Triangle.   Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person. My very best to you, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS   CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Double bubble

Thank you for your question. After reviewing your pictures it appears you have a double bubble deformity. This is something that can be fixed. I would suggest seeing a local board certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Implant malpostion

You indeed have implant malpositon aka double bubble deformity that can be repaired with a variety of techniques. Discuss with your surgeon and do not hesitate to seek another surgeon for second opinion.  Good luck. 

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Implant issue

You have a double bubble  which can be fixed.  Best to be seen unperson to be properly evaluated. Best of luck.

There is a crease on my lower left breast.

The image looks like you have a double bubble. There are effective techniques to treat this. See your original plastic surgeon for advice. A second opinion can be helpful as well. Good luck. 

Robert Graper, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

It appears to be a double bubble.  Discuss with your surgeon the options available to correct it. It is not "botched' but a revision would be needed to correct it.

Camille Cash, MD

Not a botched job but rather a common problem

A double bubble deformity is a common issue following breast augmentation.  If you had a high inframmary fold and a short nipple to fold distance, the act of release or lowering the fold to create space of the implant can create this deformity.  It is fixable.  The residual fold and its dermal attachments need to be released from the skin to allow the implant to sit unmolested.  Talk to your plastic surgeon.

Double Bubble

Judging by your photos you show signs of what is referred to as "double bubble". Double bubble happens when an implant drops down behind the natural fold (inframammary crease) where the lower breast meets the chest, rather than forward into the breast. This shifting creates an unnatural indentation or line across the bottom of the breast; it is particularly visible when the arms are lifted above the head.  There are several ways to correct double bubble, all of which involve surgical intervention. I suggest discussing these options with your board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck! 

Brian S. Glatt, MD, FACS
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation question

You appear to have a "double bubble" deformity of your right breast. This occurs when the crease below the breast is lowered and the original crease is still visible. This can happen with any breast augmentation surgery where the fold is lowered. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon. There are certainly ways that this can be fixed.

Post op crease related to sub muscular implant

Your old breast crease remains because it is still attached to the top of the muscle. The implant is below the muscle. It is a common problem in placing the implant below the muscle. You will see many people on real self with the same concern. 

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon