I am wondering how other plastic surgeons would handle the care of this wound after breast lift with implants? (Photo)

I had a breast lift with implants on 3/17/16. Wound opened up about 5 days after. Doctor prescribed antibiotic cream. Wound started to heal and formed a scab. The wound started draining and swelling my surgeon removed the scab and a few sutures. I go back this Friday and have an appointment with a nurse. Nurse will decide whether or not to re-stitch wound.

I am wondering how other plastic surgeons would handle the care of this wound after breast lift with implants?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well…
I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support. Please get yo your surgeon that is the one who knows what's happening, you need to get stitches there, Hugs!

1 month post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
Its early to talk about final results.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Open wound

With proper wound care which consist of keeping the area moist and a reduced bacterial count, most of these wounds will heal uneventfully and not require a secondary touchup with skin excision and re-closure. In one's that are very slow to heal, or are very large, I've had success using a product called A -cell which stimulates growth of tissue and mixing this with PRP which comes from your own platelets. Each plastic surgeon will have their favorite method of wound care but the basic principles are all the same. Follow up with your plastic surgeon is recommended.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Don't close it yet

Hi,
its a bit hard to see exactly what stage your wound is in at this point but it's probably too dirty to close. Have your doctor show you how to do wet-to-dry dressing changes 3 times a day. It will clean up really nicely. Once you get some healthy "beefy red" tissue in the wound with no more yellow or white colors, your doctor can do a "delayed primary closure." But you might not even need to do that...with good wound care and some patience, the open area will clean up and contract, it might close in its own. I know it feels scary to have a wound, but good wound care will really help get this cleaned up and closed. Best of luck, keep us posted.
Dr. Weintraub

In my practice I offer PRP infusion with red laser light external therapy. But there is a fee of $800 per session. Otherwise allow normal hearing and good wound care........