I Have Mastitis After Fat Transfer. How Long Will My Breast Stay Red?

I have mastitis after a fat transfer surgery, I have this for a week, I want to know how long I am going to be like this my breast is still red, what I need to do? there is any exam or something that I need to do to verify if the infection is going a way?

Red after fat transfer

I assume you have been back to your surgeon. Probably he put you on some antibiotics and this should resolve quickly - say, in 2 to 3 weeks. Warm compresses may help as well. Monitor your temperature as well.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Redness following fat transfer.

Although redness following fat transfer may be related to the normal inflammatory response to the procedure, it is important to rule out the possibility of infection. This requires making a follow up appointment with your surgeon for a proper evaluation.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Call your plastic surgeon

I couldn't agree more with Dr. Khoobehi.  If there is an infection going on you should be on antibiotics.  At the very least you should be seen as soon as possible to rule out that problem.  Good luck.

You may need antibiotics

You need to see your surgeon for evaluation and treatment. Reddness and pain are signs of infection and need treatment. Make sure your surgeon is board certified plastic surgeon and if he/she is not,get second opinion

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon