Mastectomy + Tattoos on Breasts?

Hello Dr.'s! I'm a pre-op FTM and I plan on getting a full mastectomy and masculine chest reconstruction. My question is will the tattoos that I have that begin behind my shoulder, run over my shoulder and down to the top of my sternum become distorted due to the surgery? Thank you SO much for your assistance and answers. Cheers!

The Effects of FTM Top Surgery and Existing Tattoos

Per your description, it's not likely your existing #tattoos will be affected by the surgery incisions due to their location. However, it's always to confirm with the doctor who will be performing the procedure.  Additionally, communication and asking questions of your surgeon and their staff are key.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Tattoos following MTF mastectomies

Without your photo, its hard to speculate on your words alone. Your chosen surgeon should be able to tell you what will be affected from your mastectomy and much does depend on what technique you will be having.

Tattoos following MTF mastectomies