CoolSculpting or liposuction for arm flab and flabby spot under chin?

Contemplating cool sculpting for arm flab. Wanted to know if this procedure will work with just one treatment, also would this work for loose skin under chin. Should I do this or liposuction? Also, will there be bruising and swelling? Should I do during the summer or wintertime? Thank you

CoolSculpting or Liposuction for arm, chin.

CoolSculpting has given us an applicator, (the CoolMini), that can be used in the bra fat area on the back, the area by the armpit, the knees, and under the chin. Folks are very excited about this. We have used it in our office and have very nice results. Best to talk with your well trained, experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that does CoolSculpting and Surgery.  They will have the options for you. Tell them what your reasonable goals are. Together you will come up with a plan.

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
Coolsculpting work well for arm fat but not for loose skin.
They are coming out with applicator for under the chin

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolsculpting for Arms

Coolsculpting works very well on the arms for reducing fat in just one single treatment.  Coolsculpting will not help with skin laxity.  If you have both issues then you might require both Coolsculpting and Thermage to help resolve your concerns.  Coolsculpting is done in the office and only requires an hour for each area treated.  The most important consideration is choosing a board certified dermatologist who has a lot of experience with Coolsculpting and the applicators for the best cosmetic results.

CoolSculpting on arms and chin

CoolSculpting is an excellent treatment for arms. We see excellent reduction with a single treatment. In some people, we recommend a second treatment to enhance the result. It is currently not possible to treat under the skin. However, there is new applicator under development which should be out in the next few months. CoolSculpting uncommonly causes bruising but moist people have some degree of swelling. It is easier to cover up in the winter but the time of year won't impact your ultimate results.

Loop vs coolscultping

Thank you for your question. I would recommend either traditional Liposuction or smart Lipo to treat the chin and arm regions.  Cool sculpting is currently not FDA approved for the chin region. 

Johnny Shea-Yuan Chung, MD, FACS
Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting gets rid of fat but also seems to tighten the skin

I would recommend CS, as it works, its gentle, and the method we use; one can have both arms done...completely and in half the time in a single visit.

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting is for fat, not loose skin

I would do laser lipo for arms and submental area. Currently there are no attachments for the Coolsculpting in the chin area but they are working on one. The other technology you can research is the Thermi Tight RF. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD