Tummy tuck vs lipo? Which one do I need? (photo)

Hello I am looking to have surgery on my abdomen. I am about 125 pounds height 5"3, age 25, and have 3 children(1 year old twins, 7 yr boy). I am nervous to do a tummy tuck first but I believe it is something I need. What kind of results can I expect if I decide to get lipo first? Will the loose skin I have still be there or will it stretch out? Is it best to just get a tummy tuck first? I want to make sure I am choosing the right option for me. Thank you.

Tummy tuck/liposuction

Thank you for you question and picture, you would benefit from a full tummy tuck with muscle tightening for a flat abdomen and liposuction of your sides for better contouring, consult with a board certified PS, best of luck!

Tummy tuck

Assuming that you are completely done having children, I would advise you to get a tummy tuck. It's going to remove the excess skin and fat while tightening the muscles that get stretched due to multiple pregnancies. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person and discuss your options. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Find the right surgeon to help you decide

Far more important than deciding if TT is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that! See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!

Tummy Tuck and Lipo

Hello!

Thank you for the question and photo.  Based on the picture, you seem to be a good candidate for both tummy tuck and liposuction. Liposuction only removes stubborn fat but it does not remove the excess skin you have based on the photo.  It would be best to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon and get a full evaluation.  Best of luck, Dr. Michael Omidi.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck and And Liposuction

Thank you for the question and photo. You appear to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction of the sides. The tummy tuck will tighten your skin and include tightening the muscles. 

I believe it is a better option for you. 

Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. 

Dr. Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  The belly button can be designed to look natural and have no scars on the exterior.   Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. Based on the photos submitted, you appear to be a candidate for a tummy tuck. Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) surgery aims to create an abdominal profile that is smooth and firm by removing excess fat and skin and tightening weakened or separated muscle. I recommend discussing your goals with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

You Look Like A Great Candidate for Tummy Tuck. 

tummy tuck and a vertical abdominoplasty. The appropriate procedure depends the amount and location of the excess skin. That's what your plastic surgeon will have to determine after the actual physical exam.

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Tummy Tuck and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Tummy tuck

Thanks for your question and sharing your photo.

Based on your photo, you will look great with tummy tuck.  Tummy tuck is a great procedure to regain the abdominal contour.  During the tummy tuck, I remove the lower abdominal skin/fat, repair the core muscle together, and perform liposuction of the waists/flanks.  A good candidate for tummy tuck is someone 1) who has reached his/her stable, goal weight, 2) has excess skin/fat without excessive intra-abdominal fat, 3) and medically, physically, and socially optimized.

Tummy tuck is a very safe procedure when performed by an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon.

Please consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to learn about your surgical option and recovery process.

Best regards.

Loose skin

It does look like you need a full tummy tuck as opposed to liposuction alone.   Best of luck with your decision to move forward.  An exam would be essential.