Is there is any surgery or procedure that helps with a loose anus like vagina?

I know that nobody likes to talk about this , but after having 3 kids and all normal vaginal deliveries I notice that my vagina is loose and my husband notice it too . I have pain sometimes with intercourse and no lubrification , but my anus is loose too . I have a lot gases and this is embarrassing but I pooped once with a fart , and more embarrassing , this has happened to me when I was having one orgasm with my husband , I felt so bad . I don't know what to do or with treatment to do . Please help me .

Anal incontinence is a neuromuscular problem handled by a variety of pelvic floor therapies

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Anal incontinence is a real medical problem and not an aesthetic or lifestyle concern. Colorectal surgeons, some gastroenterologists, urogynecologists and other pelvic floor specialists handle these issues regularly.

Pelvic "Relaxation" Includes Anal Sphincter

Thank you for your question and yes, you are correct, nobody wants to talk about this - sometimes even when directly asked by their doctor!  So, thank you for starting the conversation.  Basically, you have 3 options:  (1) Do nothing (which would include Kegel exercises); (2) try non-surgical treatments: ThermiVa and others; or (3) look into surgical correction.  I'll try to focus my answer on #3.  If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, then you have a legitimate medical problem (as opposed to "cosmetic") and insurance should cover doctor visits for evaluation and surgical treatment: rectal incontinence including decreased control of passing gas, urinary incontinence, vaginal prolapse (bulging tissue appearing at the vaginal opening), or uterine prolapse (you may see the cervix just inside the vaginal opening or even protruding through the opening).  The surgeon who has the most training in these procedures would be a gynecologist who has completed a fellowship in pelvic reconstruction or urogynecology.  If you can find one who also has cosmetic surgery training, then that's your best bet.  In the absence of the above symptoms, you may still be a candidate for surgical correction, it is just more likely that you would have to pay cash, as it will not be covered by most plans.  The exact surgery you would will depend upon findings on examination, but I am guessing that a vaginal rejuvenation with anal sphincteroplasty and perineaplasty at a minimum, assuming no vaginal or uterine prolapse and no urinary incontinence.  You also mentioned lubrication - surgery will not address that; but ThermiVa will.  For you, I would recommend ThermiVa.  It will definitely help with many of your symptoms, but may not fully address anal laxity unless it is performed in the anus, an off-label use, but one that I have heard through casual conversation with colleagues has been quite successful (I have no personal experience with this however).  The advantages of ThermiVa:  no pain, no downtime, no surgery.  Disadvantages:  may only improve symptoms (vs cure); may require ongoing (1-2 times per year) treatments to maintain effects.  Good luck and I hope my answer was of value to you.

What do i do about a loose anus? And loose vagina?

Childbirth damages both the muscles of the vagina and the anus.   A vaginoplasty and perineoplasty surgically repairs these muscles so your body is more akin to what you were like before you had children.  Make certain your surgeon is willing to and able to address both of these concerns. This is a common problem and fixable.  Don't have another vaginal delivery or wait until you are done having children.  Good luck!   

Loose anal sphincter and loose vagina. What to do?

A good cosmetic gynecologist who is experienced and savvy with good strong multi-layer pelvic floor repairs may be able to help surgically reconstruct the muscles around the anus. This, plus good, ongoing pelvic floor exercises will probably adjudicate both your vaginal laxity and lax anal sphincter. Make sure you consult with at least 2 different prospective surgeons, and make certain to mention the anal incontinence problem as well. The doc may decide that you would best be referred to a colorectal surgeon for the anal sphincter work if there is a true sphincter transection with retraction. You're in Massachusetts. The best folks on the East Coast are Drs. Miklos & Moore in Atlanta, Dr. Ed. Jacobsen in Grenwich, Connecticut, and Dr. Pelosi III in Bayonne, New Jersey. And, of course myself in CA, but you've got other choices relatively close to you. Don't be afraid to travel!

Michael P Goodman,MD

Davis, CA, USA

Loose anal sphincter

Kegel exercises and physical therapy works the best for a loose anus and I would highly recommend PT for a loose anus.  However if the anal sphincter muscles is so damaged where the PT does not work I would recommend consulting a colorectal surgeon or a urogyencologist. A board certified plastic surgeon will not suffice as they have not been trained in pelvic floor rehab or pelvic floor reconstruction.

John R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Yes - there are treatments for flatal and fecal incontinence

Hello Nandaludani, 

Thank you for your excellent question. Sorry to hear about the terrible symptoms that you are experiencing following your 3 "normal" vaginal deliveries. Unfortunately, all it takes is one vaginal delivery to potentially create enough pelvic floor neuromuscular trauma to result in vaginal looseness and poor bowel and bladder control. You should consult with a reconstructive and cosmetic vaginal surgeon, preferably a fellowship trained urogynecologist who can properly evaluate you and offer you the most current treatment options. See link below for more information of Urogynecology.