Should I get a standard TT or Extended TT? (photos)

I'm a 40 yr old mom. I've lost 70 lbs. Currently 165lbs (5'7.5 tall). I did go for a consultation a while back but wasn't finically ready. The PS would do a hip to hip incision with some lipo to hips and abd. He wasn't going to do much with my back when I asked due to my skin laxity. I'm ready to go back for another consultation. Should I asked if I'm a candidate for an extended abdominalplasty? He didn't mention it before when I expressed my dislike of back skin and fat.

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Abdominoplasty

I don't truly have different names for a tummy tuck.   I simply discussed that the length of the scar is dependent on how much skin must be removed.  You appear to be an appropriate candidate for a tummy tuck.  If you want to address the posterior flank and back, then you might add liposuction or potentially carry the incision around as a circumferential procedure.

Steven S. Carp, MD
Akron Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck question

An exam is needed to be sure but from looking at your pictures it does not look like you have a tremendous amount of excess of skin on your sides and back. A circumferential abdominoplasty extends the incision all the way around your back and helps address lateral thigh and buttock sagging. I think that you would do well with a standard abdominoplasty and flank liposuction. The skin of the back is thicker and has good elastic recoil so it tends to contour very well following liposuction. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon. After examining you and discussing your goals with you they will be able to give you the best advice. 

Should I get a standard TT or Extended TT?

Tummy tuck would likely be the best option based upon the pictures.
Kenneth Hughes, MDLos Angeles, CA