Can my sinuses be fixed or replaced?

I was in a boating accident where I was hit by the propellers in the face and it crushed my facial bone on the left side of my face. I was an open water scuba instructor and now find it extremely painful or impossible to dive. I am looking for a doctor that can repair my sinuses or if there is artificial sinuses. Please spread my word as I need to know who and where I can do this. If anyone can help please contact me

Sinus Treatment

Sinuses can be repaired but not replaced. A sinus specialist can perform a CAT scan and show you what is going on inside your nose. Don't scuba dive with poorly functioning sinuses or if you can't clear your ears. You may be able to restore normal sinus function with surgery.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sinus issues

Hello - yes probably your  sinuses can be improved.  It is likely not much or any damage was done  to most of your sinuses which are much deeper in the maxillofacial skeleton.  Your first step is to see  and otolaryngologist who specializes in sinus problems.  A sinus CT will need to be done to map your nose and sinuses.  A treatment plan can be proposed from here.  In the meantime it would probably help for you to do daily nasal irrigation with an irrigation  kit (like the Neil Med kit).  Good luck!

Sinus surgery

I recommend you see an otolaryngologist (ENT doctor) for evaluation of your sinuses.  They can be repaired to restore normal function.

James Chan, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon