Can my nose be fixed? (Photo)

I am an 19 yo male. My nose has a very thin bridge and a bulbous bottom, is there any way I can have this fixed? At the least I would be happy with the bottom being corrected.

Yes - but it's not just the tip.

The key here is that your nose may be full at the bottom, but part of that is due to narrowing in the middle part of your nose. There is a bit of an hourglass shape.  Make certain that your surgeon will be addressing that as well as it will make your nose look more attractive, without making it look too feminine, and will maximize the strength of your nose. Plus, you'll breathe better if that's also addressed.

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can my nose be fixed?

Yes, it can. A simple solution would be to refine the lower (tip) part of your nose to make it more proportional to the rest of it. An in person consultation to evaluate the rest of your facial features is important to ensure overall balance. I hope this helps.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Correcting nasal dysproportion.

The goal of rhinoplasty is to create proportional dimensions of the nose so all parts look like they "fit" with the others.  Your nasal tip has it's shape from the strong cartilage you have.   If you are pleased with the upper part of your nose, your tip can be refined with modification of the cartilage which makes up the lower part of your nose.   This can be done to maintain a masculine profile but a refined tip.  You should see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation and a detailed discussion about your wishes.  

Can My Nose Be Fixed?

Your bulbous tip can be narrowed and refined with a tip pasty. One of the goals of any rhinoplasty surgery is to create a result where all parts of the nose are proportional.

Rhinoplasty

Yes, it can be improved. The tip region can be softened and narrowed. Best of luck with your decision tome forward.

Options for Nose Improvements

The photograph of your nose demonstrates imbalances which you described quite accurately. 

The thin top may be in part to short nasal bones; but an in-person examination is necessary to verify this. In addition, your strong tip cartilages create a bulbous tip. Your cartilages appear strong providing fora good and supporting framework. 

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty surgery may be considered for narrowing of a bulbous nasal tip.

Your frontal photo appears to reveal relatively thin skin which may be associated with visible irregularities after rhinoplasty surgery, so your choice of specialists is important for achieving a desired result. Hope this helps you. Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to improve nasal bridge and bulbous tip

You would be an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty to address your concerns about the bridge and tip of your nose. Rhinoplasty would improve the contour and width of your nasal bridge and improve the overall shape and size of your nasal tip. I would recommend seeking out a consultation with an experienced, board-certified facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Sachin S. Pawar, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Male Rhinoplasty

By your description and picture alone, you may be good candidate for rhinoplasty. Male rhinoplasties should be approached differently from female rhinoplasty. Often, the goals  are to refine the nose in  ways that maintains a masculine look. Make sure to seek a consultation with a board-certified specialist.

Good Luck!

Dr. E

Waleed Ezzat, MD FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon