What should I do? One month after juvederm injected in the side of mouth, numbness keeps spreading throughout my gums and chin.

my PA injected juvederm at the sides of my mouth to bring up the corners. Both sides had a slight bruise. But I noticed numbness on the right side only. It has now been a month and it continues to inch it's way. The side is no longer numb, but my gums and chin. It feels like novicane. I've bit my lip eating. Brushing my teeth feels weird and even speaking is off. I've read that it could be nerve damage, but is it permanent? I'm really getting scared.

Juvederm and numbness

It sounds as if there is nerve irritation or damage from the injections.  I would return to your treating physician for examination and possible Vitrase or Steroids to help improve these symptoms.  Best, Dr. Green

Filler injection around the mouh

This is not a common side effect following fillers but it makes sense given the distribution of the mental nerve that comes out of the jaw bone under the corners of the lip (approximately).  
I would see the supervising physician for that PA and be evaluated. Also ask them if it's worth trying a dose of steroids or perhaps dissolving the filler with hyaluronidase. I'm not sure it will work but it's something to consider.  Good luck! 

Samir Undavia, MD
Princeton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Numbness after filler

It is not a common scenario and you should see your injector to be evaluated. Best of luck with your condition.

What should I do?

I would also recommend an evaluation by your physician. It is not a normal complication or symptom.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Numbness after Juvederm

I would recommend contacting them so they can do an in person evaluation to make sure nothing else is going on.  It is possible from swelling it could cause some irriation to the nerves, but it should not keep spreading. You need to be seen by your doctor to make sure something else is not going on.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon