Is a lift necessary? (photos)

I'm interested in a breast augmentation and a surgeon suggested I get a lift and downsize my areolae but I'm concerned about scars because of my tan complexion. I know my breasts are not perky but I don't really have loose skin, they're just kinda of deflated/small. Would a lift truly be necessary? Would I achieve good results with high-profile implants? I'm also losing weight so my chest will be more narrow by the time I get the procedure done. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

Is a lift necessary?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue, have a great day!!  

Breast Augmentation

No, I don't think that you will need a breast lift in conjunction with your augmentation.

I recommend an in-office examination and a detailed discussion with a board certified Plastic Surgeon.

Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for breast augmentation.  I do not believe that you need a lift. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Is a lift necessary?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, it does not appear that you need a lift in addition to your implants.  If you wanted a reduction of your areola size, you would need a circumareolar mastopexy (donut lift).  This would be optional.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation

If you are not sure about getting a lift then perhaps just go with the augmentation first and see how you look.

Do you need a lift

From your photographs, it does not seem at all what you need a lift. We usually gauge this on your nipple position in relationship to the breast fold. Your nipples are above fold and you would probably get a very aesthetic result without additional scars.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Don't really need a lift

I doubt that a lift is necessary and would add significant scarring. The addition of an implant will likely give you the look you want. You will want to discuss this with your surgeon but in my practice I would probably recommend subfascial placement of the implant.

Donald W. Kress, MD, FACS
Frederick Plastic Surgeon

I see no reason you would need a lift of any kind

You should do just wonderful with an implant alone- the important decision is which implant.  Your chest will not narrow with weight loss.  The base width that is measured to choose your implants is more a function of your musculoskeletal system and not any residual fullness from fat you may have laterally.  I do think you would get the best result from a shaped device that will fill out your "deflation" as you called and give nice volume and nipple lift by distributing more of the implant's volume to your lower pole of your breast where you need it.  You can change projections to fit what cup size you are looking to have.  Make sure you consult with a plastic surgeon that not only feels comfortable with the shaped devices, but is proficient and gets gorgeous results with them.  Hope this helps.

-JGH

Breast augmentation alone might accomplish your goal

From the photos you posted, it does not appear that you need a lift. An breast augmentation alone should give you a good result. When you go for your consultation, you should look at pictures of women similar to your build to see what various implant styles can accomplish. I advise my patients that a weight change of approximately 10% or more can change their final surgical results. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths." I hope this information helps. Good luck to you.

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon