I had a full anchor breast lift 4 days ago and my breasts seem to be ripples is this normal? (Photo)

I just had a full anchor breast lift 4 days ago however my breasts seem to be very rippled. Will this eventually smooth out? My nipples seem to be ok there is some puckering but I am more concerned with the rippling.

Rippled Breasts

It is normal after 4 days.  They are stretch marks that were there previously, and the swelling has made them more visible.  Be patient, they will fade with time as swelling goes down.  It may take 6 weeks or more.

Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Post-Op Healing for Breast Lift

Here are some general details for post-operative healing provided to our patients. The patient will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, if present is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days. Now, if you are experiencing any concerns or discomfort with your healing process it would be best to see your surgeon in person and have the area evaluated. Best of luck!

Rippling after breast lift

Thank you for your question. You are very early in the healing process and still very swollen. The rippling or pleating will settle out with time. Keep in close contact with your surgeon and express your concerns. Best wishes,

Skin puckering

I have seen this before from the pressure effect of dressings or tape. The effect may also be due to the way the  tension of the skin is following closure. Everything looks good and I would keep in touch with your PS. This will undoubtedly even itself out.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Your rippling will subside over time.

Rippling in the skin results from lines of tension in your skin, likely from the sutures placed to closed the vertical incision on your breast.  As the sutures dissolve and your skin has a chance to relax, these lines should gradually fade away and a smooth round contour return to your breast.  Be sure to address this with your plastic surgeon so you can be followed up.

You are likely very swollen and it is very early in the healing process.   Best of luck with your results.