How much would an extended abdominoplasty and back lift cost if done at the same time?

I am interested in getting an extended abdominalpasty and back lift done together. How much would It cost if done at the same time? Is it ok to do at the same time? Recovery 4-6 weeks? And would I have to stay overnight? Thanks!!

Combination Body Contouring

Body contouring procedures are performed to remove excess skin and fat from the body to produce a more pleasing shape. These procedures can include arm lifts, thigh lifts, butt lifts, liposuction, tummy tucks, and breast lifts. These procedures are often done in combinations for aesthetic, financial, or convenience reasons. An overnight stay is not usually required.The cost is variable based on what procedures are done and geographic variability. However average patients can expect a cost of about $12k, an initial recovery of 2-3 weeks and total healing time of 4-6 weeks. A detailed examination will help delineate the best surgical option. Consultation with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step. See our link below for more information. 

Body Lift

Thank you for your question. The cost is predicated on many factors including surgeon's fee, OR, Anesthesia, etc.  In healthy patients, typically these two procedures can be done in the same setting. Please speak in further with your board certified plastic surgeon for more information and individualized advice as each patient varies. 

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and back lift

Hello and thank you for your question. These procedures can be safely combined in the appropriate healthy patient and if good technique is used by your surgeon.  Cost varies based on geographic region and surgeon expertise.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

How much would an extended abdominoplasty and back lift cost if done at the same time?It's

Thank you for the questions.  Although definitive advice would require more information some general thoughts may be helpful to you. Generally speaking, combination surgical procedures are done routinely.  However, you are wise in being concerned about the safety of combination surgery; risks/possible complications do increase with increased length of surgery… 
 It is best to evaluate each patient's suitability for combination surgery on an individualized basis. During this consultation process, after a complete history and physical, the SAFETY  of combining these surgical procedures becomes of paramount importance.  Plastic surgeon, anesthesia provider, duration of surgery, surgery facility all important  considerations. Your best bet: choose your plastic surgeon very carefully; everything else including  good judgment/advice/planning, anesthesia provider and safe surgery facility will follow. 
When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved.
In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon.  I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery.  ***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.   Best wishes.