Breast augmentation numbness: 2 months post-op? (Photo)

In a couple days I'll be coming up on 2 months post op. Pre-op, I was a 32b, went with 300/350cc saline and am a D cup. I am 5'6 120 lbs. I have full feeling back in my right breast. My left is numb at the areola and so is my breast about 2 inches surrounding areola. (IN IMAGE: TATTOOED SIDE IS NUMB) Both sides respond to cold but no improvement over time of returned sensation. I am continuing massages 1-2x a day. Is this prolonged numbness normal? Can I expect full sensation to come back?

Sensation

Sensation after breast augmentation can be very heightened or diminished (as in your case).  Only time will tell if the sensation will return,but in most of the cases the sensation does return by 6-12 months.  On another note, it seems that the left nipple is pointing upward and the implant has most likely bottomed out. It may worsen over time so keep an eye on it!

Breast augmentation numbness

It is common  to experience some numbness in your breast area a few months after surgery. Some would last for only short periods of time while in other cases numbness could last for 6 months.

Charles Nduka, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Numbness after breast augmentation.

It is common to have areas of numbness after breast augmentation.  Some is short lived and others can last 6-9 months.  Your photos don't appear to show anything so follow up with your plastic surgeon and express your concerns.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Swelling , some advices:

Thanks for the question. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast augmentation numbness: 2 months post-op?

Typically full sensation will come back but in some cases, there will be a permanent change in sensation. Best to give yourself a full 6 months to see how much feeling returns. Good luck!

Farah Naz Khan, MD

Numbness in nipple

It is not uncommon for some numbness to develop with breast augmentation,. Often with time this improves.  Good luck.

Postoperative recovery after breast augmentation

Agreed, nerve sensation can take time to return, and can happen with any type of breast surgery.. best of luck

Samuel Lin, MD, FACS

Sensation Changes After Augmentation

Changes in sensation can happen after breast augmentation and are common.  They can and probably will improve over time, but it can take many months and even years, sometimes, so be patient.  

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon