I'm 5'2, weigh & 107lbs; I'm getting 435 CC moderate plus silicone implants under the muscle. Am I going to big for my frame?

Implant selection

Without an exam in person, it is difficult to say what the appropriate implant size would be for you.  Best of luck.

What size?

Thanks for your question.  The implant size will really depend on the anatomy of your chest, skin laxity and your goals. A photo is helpful, but an in person exam is best. If you are concerned about your surgeons recommendations see a few more doctor until you feel comfortable with a consensus.

I encourage you to pick a common sense size that balances with your frame. Bigger is not always better particularly in a very slender person and the short and long term risks can be higher. In my own practice I find that trying on implant sizers is of great help.

The link below may help you to hone in your sizing.

Best wishes

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation candidate, some advices:

thanks for the question. 

In my practice for cases like yours I recommend to use a microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and volumes between 350-450ml to fill the breasts properly. i recommend you to send your photos to us to give a more precise advice. 

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast augmentation

What everybody wants is a balanced look with nice cleavage. The most important measurement is the width of your implant and the width of your breast. The new volume will be a combination of your current breast volume and the implant volume. Do you want to be a C, D or DD? The answer to that question is essential even though we don't use those terms in surgery. It just gives us an idea of how aggressive you want to be.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Implant sizing

Sizing is an art and requires a considerable amount of discussion with your plastic surgeon as to your goals, taking into account your shape, height, weight and current bra size.  Obviously, without photos, we would be shooting in  the dark.  Let me also add that you are petite and the implants must be appropriate to your frame.   If you have concerns, definitely return to your plastic surgeon for an additional conversation.  

Dr Kraft

Breast Augmentation Implants - Am I going to big for my frame?

The perception of what is a "natural looking breast" is very individual and varies greatly from patient to patient and from doctor to doctor.The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: Your individual anatomy, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. or the type of implant. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing suit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Size

You should take direction from your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon on which implant is ideal for you.  

I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation question

Choosing the right breast implant depends on a number of factors. These factors include the dimensions and characteristics of the patient's body/chest wall and breasts as well as the patient's goals. Without a thorough interview and exam it is impossible to suggest a breast implant size. Discuss this with your surgeon. They will be your best resource for  meaningful information.