I'm 18 year old male and my nose looks very big from the side and I need help! (photos)

I get nervous when people look from the side cause it just looks funny but it's there any way possible I can fix WITHOUT any surgery, like is there any exercise or something that can help my situation thanks!! Also I had this pimple from like a year ago idk if u will be able to see it in the picture but I tried to pop and it seem to leave like a scar pimple or something, thanks very much!!!

Can I improve the appearance of my nose without surgery?

Hello and thank you for your question and photographs.

Short answer:  No.

Long answer:  Your best option for improvement in your nasal contour and shape is a cosmetic rhinoplasty, or "nose job".  This is best assessed in person, where your plastic surgeon can provide a thorough evaluation and examination, and understand your exact goals, and so he or she can then provide surgical options to meet your specified goals.  From looking at your pictures alone, I would assess that you would benefit from a dorsal hump reduction, correction of your nasal deviation, and nasal tip definition consisting of de-projection of the tip, narrowing of the nasal tip, and improvement in columellar show.  These would provide a significantly improved nasal aesthetic.  However, I would only pursue these surgical improvements if they matched your aesthetic goals.

The next step for you is to find the right aesthetic plastic surgeon.  In your rhinoplasty consultation, be sure your surgeon addresses all your concerns and discusses the surgery details including the position and size of the incisions used (with actual photographs and not just digital animations), the risks and benefits of the procedure, recovery time, and post-operative course.  Also, be sure to see plenty of before-and-after pictures in men who have a similar nose appearance to yours, and preferably at different time frames (3 weeks out, 3 months out, etc) to more accurately predict your own surgical outcome.

And lastly, I think the most important component of the consultation is to establish a good connection with your plastic surgeon.  It’s the connection that allows you to clearly define your desired nose outcome goals, the first step of this whole process. If you don’t feel you have a good connection with your plastic surgeon after your consultation, he/she may not be the best surgeon for you.

Good luck.

Mark K Markarian, MD, MSPH

Harvard-trained Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Short answer:  No.

Good luck.

Mark K Markarian, MD, MSPH

Rhinoplasty

You would have to be seen in person to determine what is possible for you.  Certainly a bump can be reduced. Best of luck.

Rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. To begin, there are no exercises that can change the appearance of your nose. It would be helpful to know from you what part of your nose "looks weird" to you. From a technical perspective I can tell you that you have a supratip fullness on your profile view due to prominence of the septum. It also appears that your septum may be deviated. I see a wide nasal tip and a hanging columella with excess infratip lobular show. These things can all be corrected to give you a more aesthetically pleasing nose. I recommend you see a Board Certified Rhinoplasty surgeon in consultation for more specific answers to your questions. Hope this helps. 

David L. Cangello, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

David L. Cangello, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. The best treatment for you is a surgical rhinoplasty.  Based on your photograph, you may benefit from  a nasal tip deprojection and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon