Would sliding genioplasty help create a stronger side profile? (Photo)

I have always been self conscious about my side profile. My chin appears weak, but not overly so. Also, I have a perpetual double chin which still shows even when keeping a low weight. Would I be a good candidate for sliding genioplasty to help create a stronger side profile and more contoured neck?

Sliding Genioplasty

A siding genioplasty with submental liposuction would produce and improvement in your profile and the best neck contouring result possible.

Chin/neck balance

Based on this single photo you seem to have small chin. It appears that you also have obtuse neck angle due to fat deposits, configuration of neck muscles or both. This limited information would suggest treatment  which includes chin augmentation (implant, genioplasty) and neck liposuction. Clinical evaluation would help to determine what would be the best plant of treatment. You should seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with good experience in facial rejuvenation surgery. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Would sliding genioplasty help create a stronger side profile?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photo (the chin is tilted upwards and in a proper profile, the chin would appear even weaker), your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.