Is it normal for my breast to be this noticeably different in sizes? (Photo)

I'm 4 weeks out from mommy makeover with a small breast reduction and lift. Is it normal for my breast to be this noticeably different in sizes? When should I worry. I already feel like they are not going to look low how I want them at all..

Is it normal for my breast to be this noticeably different in sizes

Thank you for your question.  You are very early in your recovery from surgery.  Your breasts will change over the next 6 months.  Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. 

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Normal Asymmetry?

4 weeks is still fairly early after your #mommymakeover surgery.  You are still experiencing #swelling and will continue to experience swelling for the next few weeks during the #healing process.  Some #asymmetry is absolutely normal as one breast may experience more swelling/fluid retention than the other.  Give your results some time!That being said, if you have major concerns, reduction of one #breast to create a more #symmetrical appearance is possible.
Please contact your #boardcertified plastic surgeon to answer any more questions you might have.
Best of luck.

Breast Assymetry

I am sorry you are not happy with the results of your recent surgery. There is still residual swelling  after surgery but I would recommend discussing your concerns with your surgeon.. If you are still not happy with your results I recommend seeking a second opinion. As always I recommend seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Breast Asymmetry

I agree that your breasts are noticeably different. It would be helpful to see before pictures in order to evaluate your result. How your breasts appeared prior to surgery will have a major impact on how they look afterwards. Certainly, a revision may be possible in the future to help equalize the size. The best thing to do is to discuss your concerns with your surgeon. They are in the best position to advice you.

Breast asymmetry after lift/reduction

Sorry to hear that you are not happy with your breast reduction/lift surgery results.  I do see the asymmetry you are referring.  I think most would also agree that the degree of asymmetry is more than would be allowed as a final result.  It would be interesting to see more of your upper chest/neck area to get a better view of the upper part of your breasts as well as a photo of your breasts before surgery.  These two things together can help a lot in knowing more about how healing may impact your final result.
Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breasts asymmetric after lift + reduction

Thank you for asking about your breast lift and reduction.
  • Your breasts appear to be positioned at different levels on your chest.
  • This could have been present before surgery - and you didn't notice.
  • You need to point out your concern to your surgeon, review your before photos with your surgeon and discuss what is needed to achieve the look you have in mind.
  • It is possible taht the appearance willl self-correct and is from swelling - but only your surgeon knows how you looked on the operating table - before swelling set in.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS