How long are narcotic pain pills (percecet vicoden etc.) prescribed after a "Mommy Makeover"?
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 5
Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL
I appreciate your question.
I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients. Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.
Best of luck!
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
How long are narcorics given post op?
Hi! Each physician has their own protocol for prescribing medication. You can call your surgeons office and ask what they recommend in place of narcotucs.
Good luck to you.
Pain prescribing after mommy make-over
Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
- Every surgeon is going to handle this differently.
- If you have been in pain management before on maintenance narcotics, most plastic surgeons will give you no narcotics at all or narcotic pain killers for a very short time to avoid your relapsing.
- Exparel is widely used today to avoid having to prescribe a lot of narcotic.
- Research suggests that ibuprofen and acetominophen (Advil and Tylenol) often work as well.
- In the past, I allowed patients to stay on narcotic pain killers for two weeks.
- Today with the narcotic addiction epidemic, I prescribe depending on the patient but I am very reluctant to renew narcotics unless I have seen the patient and am certain only narcotics are appropriate.
- I suggest you go in to see your surgeon, discuss your pain and the best way to manage it.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
You might also like...
Mommy Makeover Recovery
Sorry you are having difficulty. I usually prescribe postop pain pills to last first 5 days, longer than that can cause constipation. You should see your surgeon to be sure that there are no problems since you normally have a high pain tolerance. Best of luck!
Narcotic pain medication
Recovery and post operative pain are very unique for each patient. In general for the procedures you described I would imagine you would be on narcotic medications for a week or maybe a little longer. I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Be sure to describe your pain, what makes it worse, what makes it better. Ask for alternative pain relief measures as well.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.