Lip lift or alternative? (photo)

I am 45 and would like to reduce the length of the upper lift but am unsure if a lip lift is the best choice or if there are non surgical alternatives that may work also?

Lip Lift

Thank you for your question. Candidates for lip augmentation include: thin lips, wrinkled lips due to aging or smoking, asymmetrical lips or those in need of lip reconstruction. Lip lifts are minimally invasive and can address the area above your lips and your upper lip. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip lift or non-surgical alternative

Thank you for asking about your lip lift.

• Your photo suggests that your upper lip is quite long for your face.
  • There is no non-surgical alternative to a lip lift.
  • It is an excellent operation, done with local anesthesia only - in the office with sutures out within a week.
  • Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Upper Lip Shortening

You have a beautifully shaped mouth and you're correct that the distance from the nose to the upper lift is a little too long. Upper lip shortening can minimize that distance through a small incision under the nostrils.  The result will also cause your upper lip to roll out a bit which decreases the lip length and exposes more of the pink the upper lip.  Seek a plastic surgeon that has experience with this procedure.  

Gilbert Lee, MD