Should my incision split be getting bigger? (Photo)

I have been packing my incision with iodoform for 2 weeks twice a day- but it seems to be getting bigger instead of healing. Why is this happening? How long will this take to heal? I don't smoke and I've upped my protein and vitamin C intake. I don't know what else to do.

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and photographs.It is best to speak with your doctor about your concerns and have them examine you incision. Healing can take longer for some patients than others but if it seems to be getting worse than better then this is when your surgeon needs to examine you and decide what the best step to take is. They may need to assist in helping the wound close in the office instead of letting it heal naturally. Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck incision

It is possible for the incision to spread due to a number of factors. Your surgeon will be able to give the best advice after examining you. If healing is not proceeding as expected with your current regimen it may be time to adjust it. Small areas like this can sometimes be excised and closed in the office. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.