More fillers to improve downward turned mouth? (Photo)

I've recently had my first round of fillers. About a month apart. One syringe of restylne silk in the upper lip and one syringe of restlne in the bottom lip and sides of mouth. This pic is two days post my second syringe. I was happy the results after but it almost looked better when I was swollen. Would you reccomened more filler to smooth out the downward turned mouth. PS- I'm 29 and a stay at home mom that's just feeling like I look a bit tired!

You have to be careful injecting fillers around mouth

Dermal fillers can definitely improve the appearance of the "marionette" lines by restoring midface volume.  It's important not to over-inject those lines directly as it might create unattractive folds around the mouth.  Since it is a very dynamic area, fillers injected into the lines around mouth will not have the same longevity as in other areas of the face.  It is always best to treat the face as a full unit, and think of it that way rather than looking at specific lines, because that is a way of keeping a treatment looking very natural.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  I would recommend trying Botox/Dysport injections to the Depressor Anguli Oris muscle.  This is the muscle that once it is "relaxed" the corners of your mouth will turn up.  Be careful not to put too much filler in the corners of your mouth.  This can give you an undesirable look.  Hope this helps.

Grant Stevens, MD

Corners of the mouth

A little restylane or even some lyft can help give that area some support.  You can also do a small treatment of botox/dysport to the depressor anguli oris (DAOs) which will relax these muscles and help upturn the corners of the mouth.  Either way, there are options for you available.  Best of luck! You look great by the way!

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mouth Fillers / Mouth Corners -- Lasers, Fillers, Skin Tightening With Ultherapy or Thermage

I find that combining fillers with lasers, microneedling/PRP, and skin tightening do the best to this area.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Mouth and Frown Lines

I find that a bit of Restylane Lyft into this area combined with Botox into the DAO's and Thermage all help to tighten up this area and reduce the signs of aging.  Best, Dr. Green

Downturn of mouth - "frownies"

This can corrected with more filler. I would probably use Restylane or Lyft for this. Also, an injection of Dysport in the DAO's will help as well. I use cannulas for this for less bruising and swelling.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

You may benefit from additional filler.  In addition you may also consider an injection of Botox into the DAO muscle which tends to pull down the corners of your mouth.

Gregory Pistone, MD
Cherry Hill Dermatologist

Mouth and fillers

If you liked how your lower mouth looked early after treatment, then perhaps you need a bit more.  Best of luck.