What is going on with my eyes? Have I acquired ptosis? (photos)

Last year, my mum made a comment that one of my eyes looked smaller, It has slowly became worse. And more noticeable when I am tired and also in the morning. I can't take pictures with my glasses as it is worse. People ask me why I look sad or sleepy! It seems that one eye look smaller and its lower eyelid looks thinner. The other eye looks like the eyelid is dropping. I just turned 26, and I am wondering what is going on with my eyes. My thyroid has no problem. please enlighten me. Thank you

Ptosis

You have some ptosis on the right.  Make an appt. with an oculoplastic surgeon who can evaluate your eyelid muscles to determine what would be the best approach to elevate the lid. 

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ptosis

Thank you for your question.  Based on your age and the photos provided, it would be best to consult with an ophthalmologist or oculoplastic surgeon.  A thorough clinical history and examination would be required to best determine the cause of your eyelid complaint and to rule out any possible conditions that may be present.  

Paul Nazemi, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon