Are there any cheek implant specialists in the Maryland/PA or VA areas? I am having difficulty finding any.

Cheek implant specialists in the Maryland/PA or VA areas? I am having difficulty finding any.

Hi, I have performed many Cheek Augmentations using cheek implants for over 30 years.  We have many out of state and international patients that come to have us place their cheek implants.  It's about a 30 minute surgery under a general anesthetic and patients can fly back home 5-7 days after the surgery.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.

Hope this helps.

Cheek Implants/Maryland/PA/VA--See an Expert, Cheek Augmentation -- Fillers such as Radiesse, Voluma, Perlane; Fat; Implants; Sc

You're going to want an expert, so don't let distance dissuade you. More important than the type of cheek augmentation is finding someone who is expert in choosing and placing for your facial anatomy. Please see a professional for an evaluation, I suggest Joe Niamtu.  Best, Dr. Emer

Cheek implants

Hello and thank you for your question. If you have this procedure, I highly recommend medpor cheek implants with screw fixation.  These are far superior to silicone cheek implants, which have a high rate of malrotation over time in the cheek. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD