What are the chances that I could have ruined my Rhinoplasty?

A month ago I got a rhinoplasty to get rid of my bulbous tip and had a bridge augmentation. When I was sleeping, my dog brought a lacrosse ball and dropped it right on to my nose. It hurt for the first five minutes and didnt bleed. Nothing appears to be out of place but I am still concerned that It could have ruined the results. I cannot fo see my surgeon because I am out of the country. Was that enough trauma to ruin my nose?

Rhinoplasty concerns

Thank you for the question! It is difficult to make an assessment without pictures or examination, however it doesn’t sound like there was much damage.  Nonetheless, an in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to assess your condition and obtain reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

Contact your surgeon and explain to him what happened.  He may want you to email photos to evaluate.  Hopefully, no damage is done.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Bad dog

I doubt that anything bad happened. I would suggest icing your nose as much as possible for the next two days. There is nothing else that you can really do other than contat your surgeon. Try email.

Rhinoplasty Recovery

I would recommend following up with your surgeon as your nose heals to ensure the best outcome.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Should Be OK

Good healing has occurred in a month.Very likely the trauma was not enough to damage or distort  your nose.