Do I have tuberous breasts? Is lipofilling effective? (Photo)

Lipofilling or fat grafting versus breast implants

It appears as though you can get a nice result from a lift with breast implants or lipofilling/fat grafting.  I would need to see you in consultation first to give you an exact answer as to which one is the best for you.  However, I have used both methods many times in patients with great results.  

Thank you for your question!  Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

You have some breast construction- lipo filling will not improve shape. Fat grafting can be used for more upper fullness in conjunction with a traditional breast lift.An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations.

Lipo filling - breast fat transfer

Thank you for the question. It appears from the photo that you have features of tuberous breast which can be corrected by lifting your breasts and reducing the areola size and lipo filling can be used to moderately increase the volume to give you more projection in the upper and lower parts of your breasts. Lipo filling will not result in a large volume increase as most of the fat gets resorbed. If you want to go much bigger implants are the ideal choice. Lipofilling or breast fat transfer can be a great adjunct to many breast procedures to improve the cosmetic results. Seek a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience in this field and can help you achieve your goals. Best of luck!Dr. Khuthaila

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Tuberous breasts

Dear Jjjuuusss,
Yes, you do have many of the elements of tuberous breasts:  tight, high inframammary folds, wide areolae with "herniation" of breast tissue into the nipple/areola.  Lipofilling however, is not a good treatment option.  You will need a relatively complicated procedure with a lift, lowering of the inframammary folds, release of the lower pole breast tissue and reduction of your areolae.  If you desire more volume as well, lipofilling may then have some utility.  Otherwise, you would need breast implants.  Some surgeons might even recommend tissue expansion and breast implants in a staged procedure.  Consultation with an American Board of Plastic Surgery board certified plastic surgeon can help with delineating all of your options.  Good luck!