Is it safe to have BBL with lipo on the abdomen if you still have plans of having kids?

I am30 and have always been conscious of my body type. I will say I have not enjoyed my youth. New to the states and I want to change my body with bbl lipo to the tommy area but I don't have kids yet but intend to start in a year or 2. Just want to have a body I am proud of and have my time for a while before kids so I am wondering if it's safe ? If there is any chance the surgery will affect my chances of having kids because that is also rely important to me?

You can have children before or after the procedure with little risk. If after, I would wait for surgery at least 6 months after the pregnancy, and expect 2-3 months of healing until all the swelling resolves.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Brazilian buttlift surgery should not prevent you from having children in the future.

BBL before kids

It is a personal decision to determine whether or not you want to undergo a brazilian butt lift prior to having children.

You ablity to have children should not be impacted by undergoing a BBL with lipo of the abdomen. You should consult with a Board Certified PS with extensive experience performing the BBL.. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Lipo fro abdominal for BBL and pregnancy

All surgeries carry risks but wanting to have a baby in the future is not an issue and where the fat is harvested makes no difference as to the result. More important is your choice of a surgeon. Only have a BBL done by a board certified plastic surgeon with a ton of experience in brazilian butt lifts, who operates out of a certified facility, and has previlages to perform plastic surgery at a local hospital. Don't be shy to ask: "How many of these operations have you performed this year?" Don't settle for vague answered. No one could forget how many BBLs he, or she, did. Good luck with your future baby plans.

Ayman Hakki, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Butt lifts with lipo safe with future pregnancies

Hello again, I have updated my answer with a web reference to answer your question better.

Hi babywantsback47.  The removal of fat from one part of your body and transferring it to your buttocks should not impact your ability to have children.  Your body will go through weight fluctuations with pregnancy and nursing, but no one can predict for you where the weight will go. This can be a very rewarding procedure that makes patients feel beautiful, and you can enjoy the new look for a very long time.  Be sure to have an in-office consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon who can tell you the different options for shaping buttocks.  Good luck!