Is pain 5 weeks post op normal? (photos)

After my breat aug I had really bad bruising on my left side. Im 5 weeks Post op almost six weeks and i still sense some pain where the bruising was really bad although the bruise is now gone. Also my scar incision is still painful sparatically.

Pain after breast augmentation

At five weeks post-op your pain should be improving significantly.  If you are concerned, you should see your surgeon. Good luck.

5 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Bruising after breast augmentation

It is common for your two breasts to heal at different rates. From the picture, it appears to be normal post-op bruising, but if you have a concern it is best to discuss this with your surgeon. Best of luck.

Joseph Michaels, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Post Op Pain 5 weeks

Hello and thank you for your inquiry and submitting your photograph.  Based on your photograph, it is difficult to determine any type of problems.  Depending on your health history, you may be subjected to bruising easily.  Perhaps discussing the use of Arnica and/or Bromelain with your plastic surgeon may be of benefit to you.  The discomfort associated on one breast versus the other breast is quite normal following surgery.  You may want to consider reducing your arm activity and icing your breasts.  Speak with your surgeon and express your concerns.  Good luck and hope this information has helped you.

Jon Paul Trevisani, MD, FACS
Maitland Plastic Surgeon