My right breast has begun it's decent fluffing a bit, but the left only a little bit. Did the pocket close up already? (photo)

My ps showed me the crease u can c in the pic, she said I need to keep pushing down hard to get it in place. I have 450cc mentor round smooth HP. I I am 1 month post op, did my pocket already close up or is this muscle just not relaxed? Both breast are soft, but the left is not as squishy as the right. I am right hand dominant. I am very frightened this other breast pocket has closed up and something is wrong?!

Asymmetries after breast augmentation

Asymmetries after breast augmentation are inevitable. I tell all of my patients that after surgery they will notice more asymmetries in their breasts than they ever did before. It is NOT because the asymmetries are more obvious or worse, but rather because they spend more time looking at their breasts than they ever have before.

The asymmetry is not very apparent in the photos. I'm sure that you are correct that one is higher than the other - I don't think I've ever had a patient describe something that can't be recognized after close scrutiny. Recognize that you are naturally more critical of your appearance than anyone else has the opportunity to be. Continue seeing your plastic surgeon -- she will help give you advice to achieve the optimal results.

Asymmetries after breast augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It takes 3-4 months for breasts to fully descend

It takes time for your implants to fully settle in and during this time it is not unusual for them to settle at different rates.

Has the pocket completely formed

I do not consider an implant pocket to be completely formed until at least 3 months after the surgery. At one month it is common for one side to be slightly different than the other, but the differences will frequently resolve over the next 2 months. If an implant is too high at this stage, I encourage aggressive massage in order to help the implant migrate lower. At one month the pocket is still malleable enough to be modified with massage.

Brent Birely, MD

Has the pocket completely formed

Brent Birely, MD

My right breast has begun it's decent fluffing a bit, but the left only a little bit. Did the pocket close up already?

Thank you for your question.  You're still very early after surgery and I would anticipate that the left implant will drop further to match the right I agree with your plastic surgeons recommendations for breast implant displacement exercises and asked the surgeon if a pole wrap will help.You need to give it more time at least 3 months in the day surgery.

Asymmetry one month post breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photos. Without the benefit of seeing your pre-op pictures it's difficult to give you a complete answer. One month after surgery is still very early in the healing process. You can expect a lot of changes over the next weeks to months. Return to your surgeon and express your concerns but from your pictures it looks like you are on your way to a nice result. Massage may help speed the process along. Remember, breasts are sisters, not twins! They never act the same. Best wishes.

Kevin L. Smith, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Kevin L. Smith, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

Each breast is a bit different and the two in your case are different as well. The folds may never be perfectly symmetrical but it is also too soon to tell. Give it 3-4 months.

Breast asymmetry

You ask great questions here on RealSelf, also nice post operative photos posted. BUT you did not post a before??? so we can compare. To me appears as an acceptable result... 

One month

Some degree of asymmetry is present in all women, with or without implants;.  Without seeing before photos, it is not possible to gave a fair evaluation of the after results. Frontal views alone are not enough to evaluate. 

The amount of asymmetry I see is rather minor, and this looks like a nice outcome. 

At one month, expect more changes as the pectoral muscles relax to accommodate the implants. Many patients with nice even results were concerned early on.

Follow with your surgeon. All the best. 

One month

Follow with your surgeon. All the best. 

At this point, one month after breast augmentation surgery, it is likely that your breasts will continue to change  (depending on exactly how/where the breast implant pockets were dissected).  Your pictures demonstrate minor asymmetry;  overall, it appears to me that your plastic surgeon has done a nice job for you. I would suggest continued patience and continued follow-up with him/her.  Evaluate the outcome of the procedure 6 months after performed. Best wishes.

Implant asymmetry one month postoperative

Preoperative photos would be helpful to determine what asymmetries were present to start with.  The photo on the left shows what appears to be very minimal asymmetry of the implants.  The left photo suggests more asymmetry.  The photos not show the position of your arms, but the left photo looks like your left shoulder is being held higher than the right.  This alone will make the left implant look higher.  Implants can take up to six months to fully settle or drop.  You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon and continue to follow their instructions.  If the implant remains high, it can be repositioned in the future.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon