Can the MonaLisa Touch fix my vaginal atrophy if I am not in "menopause"?

I have recently had a laparoscopic hysterectomy in May 2016 (kept ovaries) 42 years of age due to fibroids in uterus. My estrogen levels have declined since my procedure (estrogen level 43) but my FSH level is around 8.4 which the doctor states I am not in menopause yet. Can the Monalisa Touch help me with my vaginal atrophy if I am not what is termed as "menopausal"?

Low estrogen effect reversed?

You have not said what your symptoms are, but let us assume it is dryness and intercourse pain. MLT will aid you but you are still pretty close to your surgery. Your estrogen level will vary depending on the day of your cycle so it is not constant. 43 as a "high" is low but FSH is down possibly from surgical shock or you are going to bounce back. There would be no problem with vaginal estrogen for now and see if you recover. Yes MLT can help off label in any lowered estrogen state.

Vaginal atrophy is a visible condition, not a number and is always treatable with FemiLift or MonaLisa

Most women develop vaginal atrophy at least 1-2 years into menopause, but that doesn't mean you can't experience it sooner. Vaginal atrophy is very easily diagnosed on clinical exam and requires no numbers. If your doc feels hesitant ignoring the numbers over common sense, take a drive up to NJ and I'll be more than happy to help you out. I use the FemiLift to do this - it's the same technology, the same protocols, same results. View the video and browse my website for more info. Contact me for pricing.

The MonaLisa Touch will improve vaginal dryness caused by a decline in estrogen levels.

A decline in estrogen, which happens during menopause, can occur independently of menopause. Regardless, of the underlying cause of a decrease in estrogen, if the symptoms you are having are vaginal dryness, the MonaLisa Touch laser will most likely significantly improve vaginal moisture.

Mona Lisa - YES for vaginal atrophy

The MonaLisa Touch is ideal for you if you have vaginal atrophy, regardless of your FSH level. As we know, a decline in your estrogen levels can result in thinning of your vaginal walls, dryness, and painful intercourse .It is important for your Gyne to rule out any infectious etiology first that may be causing your discomfort and once that is done you should move forward with the treatment. 

I have had several patients with these same issues (vaginal dryness, thinning, and painful intercourse) several years before they completed menopause and they have been successfully treated with the MonaLisa Touch. The increase in collagen, elastin, and blood vessels will also help the laxity of the vagina, which you may or may not experience. 

Kelley London, MD
Lake Forest OB/GYN

Vaginal atrophy before Menapause

The Mona Lisa laser will increase blood flow to the vagina. The new protein/collagen production helps with laxity and incontinence. The increased secretions during stimulation and extra layer of vaginal skin will improve intercourse.  I have had several women claim " why wouldn't a women have it down".Hopefully this helps.