Are my lips going to look better? (Photo)

I got my lips done less than 24 hours ago, i used 1 ml of juvederm, most of it was used for upper lip and barely any used for bottom lip so the lips look very uneven, i had uneven lips to begin with but that was not corrected, i know its only been 24 hours and my lips are very swollen but I'm scared its not going to look good when swelling goes down, if i wait for at least a week will it get better, or should i contact someone to fix it now?

Lips after filler

At 24 hours after filler, you are likely very swollen which is common after injections the lips. Give it a week or two to settle down then re-evaluate.

Lip Swelling After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

Wait 2 weeks to determine if you are happy. If not at that time then consider reversing the fillers.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip filler after 24 hours

You still have swelling that will take a couple days to settle down. However, the proportions of the lips are not right and probably won't end up correct. The upper lip should not be bigger than the lower. The golden ratio of 1:1.61 needs to be used when adding volume to lips. In ethnic cases, it can be 1:1. I don't think you will be happy when things settle down.  See link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip filler

It has only been 24 hours since you got the filler, so I would wait until the swelling resolves to see your final result. It can take up to two weeks for all swelling to resolve after Juvederm injections. Therefore, I would give it some time before you make any adjustments to the fillers. Second, you did say that the majority was used only on the upper lip and for natural symmetry of the lips, the lower lip should be about 30% bigger than the lower lip. You may want to take this into consideration after the swelling has resolved and if needed you can add more into the lower lip to even out your look.

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Are my lips going to look better?

You stated you had asymmetry in the upper lips So why would you think ON<Y 1 session of fillers could solve the asymmetry? I always do 2 sessions over 3 weeks to make sure the results look even and allows swelling to subside. Plus you might have been under treated in volume of filler, which is your problem for not allowing the injecting doctor to inject more amounts. 

Most of the time with minor corrective procedures such as fillers, we may look a little worse before we look better.  Be sure to continue to ice as you are still swollen.  We advise our patients to practice patience for up to two weeks post treatment!

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Lip Swelling After Juvederm

Thank you for your question. Swelling after Juvederm injection in the lip is very common. This can last anywhere from several days to several weeks. Once the swelling resolves completely, you can decide if you like the look. A board-certified provider can advise you if are ready for further treatment. 

Lip Filler Swelling

Thank you for your question. The lips will swell for around 3 days following Juvederm Ultra or Restylane injection. I suggest waiting 10-14 days before judging your results. Using ice and/or arnica often accelerates the resolution of swelling. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who routinely performs this procedure to receive the highest level of care.  

Are my lips going to look better?

Juvederm can cause swelling that can last 12 - 14 days. You want to allow the swelling to fully resolve before having the area "fixed". If the upper lip is larger than the lower lip, after the swelling has resolved, you may need a touch up (the lower lip should be larger than the upper lip). I always recommend having treatment done by a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Take care.

Anne Marie Tremaine, MD
Naples Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm to lips

Juvederm will always cause some significant swelling in the lips.  At one day you will look overcorrected.  You will need to wait and see how they settle. You want the lower lip larger than the upper - so if most of the filler was put into the upper lip you may not get the upper to lower balance that you desire.  But you need to wait for the swelling to resolve.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon