Issue with muscle and hernia repair? (photos)

I am 8 months post full tummy tuck with muscle repair and umbilical hernia repair. I have been exercising for about 3 months now regularly but I am still not doing any abdominal exercises (sit ups etc.) the area around my (new) belly button is very tight still and seems to potrude a little? If I wear a compression garment it is better but without the compression garment my belly is swollen toght and protruding.... Is this normal still for 8 months post op? I have had no other issues or pain

Slight Bulge after Tummy Tuck

First of all, you have a beautiful result!  Yes, maybe not your ideal of perfect, but pretty close.   Exercise of your Rectus muscles, oblique muscles and Transverse abdominous muscles may help.   Compression at this point will not change anything.   The scar tissue that has formed reaches its maximum strength by about 3 months.  Compression beyond that time makes no difference.  Revision surgery for further tightening is possible, but probably a little overkill for that little bit of improvement that you'll receive.   
Good Luck,
Dr M

Tummy tuck and fullness

Thank you for your question! and congradulations on your tummy tuck. I am sorry you are having difficulties with your results. Though it may be difficult to say without examination, you may have some further stretching around the muscle repair. soft tissue swelling or edema 8 months post operative is doubtful at this time. I would ask you surgeon and demonstrate your concerns on a profile view. I wish you well.

Issue with muscle and hernia repair?

Thank you for your question and series of photographs and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated. It is difficult without an in-person examination to determine what may be taking place.  Based on the front view of your postoperative results it appears that your abdominal muscles may still have some laxity allowing for a rounded appearance, but it would be important to rule out other possible causes - swelling, fluid collection, or residual adipose tissue. If your abdominal muscles are loose then correction would entail redoing your tummy tuck to gain access to the muscles and provide further tightening.  Hope that this helps.

Eight months after a tummy tuck and still protruding.

Thank you for the photos. 1-If your surgeon was a board certified "plastic" surgeon who did a full tummy tuck and repaired a hernia, please go back to her, or him, and ask for a revision. 2-If not...I respectfully suggest you see one, and this time around before you trust a surgeon with your great body, find out one thing: how many tummy tucks has the surgeon done (on slender athletic women like you) last year? Don't settle for vague answers, and ask to talk to a woman who had one. Both ways you'll be in good hands. 

Ayman Hakki, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal protrusion

Dear surfer,
  Thanks for submitting your before and after pictures.
 From observing your pictures, it appears that your abdominal muscles are loose. That is definitely not normal after tummy tuck. It could be that your surgeon used absorbing sutures for the muscles repair or that you did too much physical activity too early and you stretched the muscles' repair.
  Unfortunately, The only way to improve on your condition is to re tighten the muscles, which basically means redo the tummy tuck.
  Contact your surgeon and alley to him your concerns.
                    Best of luck