Do you think a normal nose would be achievable for me with Rhinoplasty? (Photos)

I have been so self conscious of my nose since as long as I can remember. There's never been a day in my 25 years of life that I haven't despised seeing my side profile in a mirror. I broke it when I was 8 and since that day (mixed with my Italian genes) I have always been made fun of for it. I am a very happy, confident woman over all, but the only thing I struggle with, and have always struggled with, is my nose. I am looking for a great doctor to help make my cosmetic dreams come true!

Sure. You seem to be a great candidate for a rhinoplasty.

See the "Web reference" link, just below my response. I made a computer morph of your nose, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that are possible for your nose in truly expert hands.You have strong tip cartilages. Those strong cartilages make the tip look wide; they make the tip hang down; they make the tip protrude strongly forward away from your face. Note particularly in the animation how I moved the tip of your nose up in the "after" view. You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon. Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them -- so you know whether it's enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. Then, he must show you before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improving a nose with rhinoplasty surgery

Thank you for your question and photographs.Yes, a rhinoplasty can improve the appearance of the nose. Nasal injuries as a child can contribute to nasal asymmetry, bumps, etc. If you haven't already, then speak with a rhinoplasty surgeon to to review options with you, which may include compute imaging.Best,Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photographs.I recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to have a nasal examination performed and a review of your medical history to see if you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. From the photographs you have posted, I believe you may benefit from a hump reduction and a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. Because of your previous trauma to the nose, if there was any damage internally to the septum then you may also benefit from a septoplasty. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Yes, you are a great candidate for Rhinoplasty. although pictures are not so profesional to evaluate it at all, but from what I see, you can have a great result enhancing and empowering your beauty. Best regards. Dr. Nabil Fakih

Nabil Fakih, MD
Lebanon Facial Plastic Surgeon

I think you would be a great candidate for rhinoplasty, not only anatomically, but emotionally.  The best patients are those who don't let what is bugging them physically control their lives.  I think nice, natural changes could be made to your nose with surgery.  With great bias, I would suggest you see a facial plastic surgeon.  Computer "morphing" can be very useful to see what changes might be possible with surgery.  Go for it!

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty with septoplasty

Dear T,    Thanks for submitting your pictures and sorry for your frustration with your nose. Side view would have been very helpful. The good news is that your nose can be improved dramatically which will make your face significantly more attractive. From observing your pictures, you appear to have the following: deviated nose and septum, bulbous tip, high dorsum. long nose and over projected tip. To improve your nose you will have to have the followings: Septoplasty , lower the bridge, define the tip and lower it's height and rotate the tip upward creating an attractive double break. Life size photographs and nasal goal drawings by the surgeon are very important and helpful tool to achieve an attractive outcome.    Not all results are the same, because experience , skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good outcome. So, do your due diligence carefully and choose your surgeon wisely.    Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of Rhinoplasties in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive.                                              Best of luck,                                                            Dr Widder

New Nose

Your nose can be markedly improved with rhinoplasty.  The improvements that can be made with surgery will help to greatly improve your profile as you so desire.  Namely, the dorsal hump (bump on nasal bridge) can be removed.  Improvements can also be made to your nasal tip to allow it to look more refined, and not so droopy.  I suggest a consultation with a surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty.   I have provided a link below.  Good Luck!

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is Normal Nose Possible

A rhinoplasty can be done to decrease the width of your entire nose, define the tip, correct the deviation and asymmetry, and remove the hump from your bridge. See an experienced rhinoplasty specialist so yu achieve a natural, feminine result that is proportional to your surrounding facial features.

Rhinoplasty candidate for broken nose repair and dorsal hump reduction

A closed rhinoplasty approach can make all the required changes to the nose such as straightening the bridge line, shaving down the dorsal hump, and refining the bulbous tip. Digital computer imaging would be helpful to understand what can be accomplished with your nose on your facial features. Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose/ dorsal hump is a difficult endeavor,  so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience with the procedure. Make sure your surgeon has dedicated a significant component of their practice to the discipline of rhinoplasty, and performs often on a weekly basis and has done so for a long period of time. Anticipate a cast applied across the nose for one week and visible bruising and swelling for two weeks after the surgery. For more information, many before and after examples and our current price list, please see the link and the video below

If you find the right rhinoplastic surgeon, you can get a superb result..The most important thing is that the surgeon recognize and know how to correct  malpositioned alar cartilages. The axis of your lateral crura point close to the medial canthus (where the upper and lower lids meet, next to your nose). The axis should point to the lateral canthus (the other place where the lids meet, laterally).This is common variant of the usual nose. It is often the source of bad results if not recognized and corrected.The rest of the nose looks straight forward.Do your homework

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon