Am I going to see a great difference with the tummy tuck + lipo versus the laser lipo? I want to see a difference.

Im50 yrs old and mother of 4 with no scars , and have lost all control with the tummy but my concern is the tummy its gotten so big it hurts ,and i cant even look down like last yr with out moving it to shave,thats how i no its a great concern FOR ME,It has me so depressed, and hidden that i just stay home Menapause dont help muchNow seriously , thinking about this scare that could be messy just weather or not , the laser lip is enough or getting the tummy tuck and lipo is what ineedto please me

Tummy tuck vs laser lipo

I have stopped doing laser liposuction due tot the unpredictable scarring that occurs in the years following the surgery and the ugly contours of the skin. If you have lose skin you need a tummy tuck. Laser lipo or any other type of liposuction will not help. If you have normal skin without looseness or hanging / stretch marks you may be a candidate for liposuction with one of the other techniques. See at least one board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.

Vienna Plastic Surgeon

Body contouring

For successful tummy tuck surgery and body contouring you will need to lose weight to lower your BMI to 29 or less and then have a full tummy tuck with liposuction of the flanks and back if deemed a good candidate. See a BCPS. 

Tummy tuck only

Dear T,   A front and side view pictures would have very helpful.   I have been in practice for 29 years and have performed tummy tuck surgery on over 1000 patients. Based on that experience and the information that you have provided about yourself, I can tell you that all you need is full tummy tuck. Only 10% of my patients request liposuction after the tummy tuck (when lipo is requested, it is done 6-8 weeks after the tummy tuck) due to the dramatic improvement of their body shape and postures as well as the significant weight loss resulting from the abdominal muscles tightening that reduces the amount of food that you can eat and your sense of hunger.  I have never perform tummy tuck and liposuction at the same time due to the significant increase of complications when combining the 2 procedures. In a recent article in a plastic surgery journal, based on data from insurance company that deals with cosmetic surgery only, it was demonstrated that the combined tummy tuck and liposuction surgeries increase the severe complication rate 10 times...   You have to realize that not all results are the same, because experience , skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good and safe outcome. So, do your due diligence carefully and choose wisely.    Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with flat stomach, tight and youthful skin, nice belly button and low scar. Also, check the reviews on 'Realself' for ratings and positive experience reports.                     Best of luck,                                         Dr Widder 

Laser lipo v TT

In the absence of photos, comments must be generalized but if your abdomen is that large, liposuction will not be sufficient. After four children, I would expect that you have serious laxity of the musculature which can only be corrected in an abdominoplasty.

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. If you are an appropriate candidate, a tummy tuck can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question.  Based on the fact that you have 4 kids and that you need to move the belly to be able to shave, it sounds like you would likely need a tummy tuck as opposed to liposuction.  However, your belly shouldn't hurt, and if that is a new thing, its possible you have something else going on such as a hernia.  I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you in person.  All the best,

Keshav Magge, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Laser lipo vs. tummy tuck lipo

laser lipo is good for a few ounces of fat removal, and I suspect from your story that that won't be enoug. See a board certified plastic surgeon, who operates at a certified facility and does a ton of tummy tucks and lipo sculpture and you will be in good hands. 
Before having surgery you need a phsician's examination and lab work to determine if all your symptoms are from fat, nothing else. Good luck and please do your homework. 
Not a week goes by where I don't do a tummy tuck on someone disappointed by laser lipo, cool sculpt, smart lipo and all the other supposedly minimally invasive options, offered usually by non plastic surgeons, that are in most ( not all ) patients, somewhat infective. 

Ayman Hakki, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Please post photos

Whether a tummy tuck is needed or if liposuction would be enough depends upon how stretched the skin and muscles are.  It would be helpful to see front and side photos to look at this.  
Also, if your tummy has rapidly gotten so big it hurts, you should see your primary doctor to make sure its just excess skin and fat and not something serious.