Facial Scar - Wide/Depressed. How much should I pay for a revision? (Photos)

Hello, My scar is inverted from stitches. On one end it is closed tight with skin edges, and gradually moving you begin to see abscesses. I have had this scar for 3 years now & am beginning to grow painful of it. It keeps constant strain on my eye/cheek. --------- Q's: How much should I pay for a revision? (Ex. What's too low) Is it too much to; expect a thin line after surgery in a spot like that? I want to see the stress from the stitches go away and have a flat thin line. Thanks Doc!

Doctor Answers 2

Facial Scar Revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Facial scars can usually be improved with scar revision procedures.

It may be necessary to have more than one procedure to optimize the result.

A more complete evaluation is necessary, this should  be performed by an experienced physician.

Summit Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

Scar Solutions = priceless: microneedling/prp, lasers, fillers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a facial scarring expert to go over options. This can be improved with revision, lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision and fillers. Cost will vary, but see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 203 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.