Is it necessary for me to undergo both upper and lower lip augmentation to achieve a more proportionate mouth? (Photo)

The combination of my high cheekbones and chubby cheeks make for an unflattering profile in general. Aside from this, I have also noted that my upper lip seems too small for my lower lip, which makes it seem as though my lower lip sticks out too far. Also, when I smile, my lips are pulled back very tightly, showcasing my prominent and unsightly chin. Would you recommend upper and lower lip augmentation, or should I focus solely on enhancing the top lip to even out the proportion of my lips?

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. I suggest that you move forward with a consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. An in-person examination provides a more detailed understanding of the patient's needs. Nevertheless, you would be a candidate for lip augmentation as lip fillers can assist individuals with thin lips and assymetrical lips.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation NYC

It is best to usually treat both the bottom and top lip , although very little on the bottom.  You look like you could also benefit from some filler in the chin.  This is an art and the proportion is very important to the overall look.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat --- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

I suggest seeing an expert. Fillers can be used on either or both lips to give the best shape and contour.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip Concerns

I appreciate your concerns, but I think you are being a bit hard on yourself. You have a pretty face, start off with lip fillers to your upper lip only as it appears that your lower lip is fine. Start embracing your beautiful traits, like your high cheek bones, which many women would kill for! Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon, good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Lip augmentation

Filler can be placed in both the upper and lower lips. It looks like you could benefit from at least the upper lip and probably some in the lower as well.  Best to be evaluated in person.

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about the appearance of your lips.  Based on your photographs, I would suggest a conservative augmentation with a filler such as Juvederm to your upper lip only.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully address all your concerns and to discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes!  

Is it necessary for me to undergo both upper and lower lip augmentation to achieve a more proportionate mouth?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  The decision to pursue any aesthetic procedure is a personal one, but if you are concerned about your lip balance, dermal fillers allow for flexibility in achieving your desired goals. I would recommend first adding to your upper lip and then assessing your results after two weeks.  If at that time you want to pursue additional augmentation to one or both lips, you can receive a touch up.  Hope this helps.

Upper to lower lip ratio

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos.Ideally, one's lower lip should be about a third larger than the upper lip. I think you could achieve this ratio with placement of a hyaluronic acid filler in your upper lip. Your bottom lip is already nice and full, in my opinion, but this is subjective. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon