How long should an exotic dancer wait to go back to work? (Photo)

I can easily skip all pole work but after BA how long should an exotic dancer wait to perform on stage? The compression strap is quite ugly.

Breast Augmentation / Breast Implants / Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants / Silicone Implants/ Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for their patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.  I advise my patients no strenuous activity or heavy lifting for 6-8 weeks post operatively.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Post op exercise

Since very surgeon has his or her own post op protocol, speak with your surgeon. Typically, I advise my patients to wait at least 6 weeks before returning to strenuous exercise. Hope this helps.
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Post operative instructions

Thank you for your question.  As every surgery and patient is unique, it is always best to ask you operating surgeon any questions related to your procedure and your current recovery first.  That being said, typically we advise patients to not resume any strenuous actives or exercise for a minimum of 2-4 weeks.

Best regards, 
Dr. Lane F. Smith, MD
Plastic Surgeon
Las Vegas, NV

Lane Smith, MD

Dancer and implants

I prefer that patients limit exertion for 3-4 weeks.  So no aerobics for that time. You should check with your surgeon.

How long should an exotic dancer wait to go back to work?

Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to returning to your specific line of work. He/she will know how you are progressing and whether or not you have experienced any complications. Generally, most patients are able to return to the “desk job” within 5 to 7 days. More strenuous work, for example involving lifting or extensive upper body movement, will require more time off. Most of my patients who dance are able to return to work, without the use of the pole, within one month.

Back to Work After Breast Augmentation

Thank you very much for your question.

Every plastic surgeon has different protocols regarding activity restrictions. I recommend contacting your surgeon, as they know you and your surgery best, and can provide the most individualized recommendations. Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Returning To Work After Breast Augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question and photo! All physical activity of any kind is restricted after breast surgery. However, your surgeon can best instruct you on your case. Each surgeon has their own post op protocol.
Thank you and best of luck!

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Returning to work

Generally speaking my patients return to a "normal routine"  after
the third post op week,  but  you need to follow the direction of your surgeon only.    Good Luck

Richard Rosenblum, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Resuming Work After Augmentation

There are many variables that influence the answer to your question:

1) The specific of your surgery
2) How well you are healing
3) What your work entails (especially upper body movements)
4) Surgeon preferences 

Only your surgeon can guide you as to when it would be safe to remove the strap and resume dancing. Continued close follow-up is essential.

Back to work

This is a question for your operating surgeon as each surgeon has their own thoughts on the subject. I can only tell you what I would tell you if you're my patient. We tell our patients to keep their heart rate and blood pressure normal for two weeks post surgery and avoid contact sports for six weeks. I do recommend that limit pectoralis contraction through the entire range of motion like in a fly machine. Ask your plastic surgeon about what their preferences are. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS