Removal of sharp bump left after Rhinoplasty. Any suggestions? (photos)

I'm 6 months post up from septorhinoplasty. I have a sharp bump on the bridge of my nose and the skin appears to be discolored around it. My dr suggested a small incision over it and shaving it down as opposed to opening it back up. He said he's only done it a couple of times and I will have a small scar. Is this something I should consider? I'm worried about the skin integrity. Is waiting another 6 months ok?

Removal of a persistent nasal bump after rhinoplasty

I would recommend waiting a full year before considering any revision surgery. My preferred approach would be to go through the inside and rasp or file that area down as opposed to an open incision although it could be done that way. Secondly, sometimes aggressive massaging of that area could improve those areas as well.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

6 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns about your Rhinoplasty with us.

Congratulations for having patience and wait six months PO, which is the recommended time allowed to make judgments of value and be precise and accurate.

After having analyzed all the info and photos provided to us, i recommend to perform a Secondary Rhinoplasty (not a tip revision) this means (basically) treat the nasal bones and the nasal cartilages.
Therefore i would perform a narrowing of the nasal base (nose osteotomy) and alar and triangular cartilage shaping.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty revision

I would suggest waiting a full year before considering a revision.  If it persists than you can have it revised.

Still early

You are still early in your recovery period. Swelling will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD